you are here:
Home > Departments > Income Tax
.25% additional for 5 years used exclusively for street paving, curbs, sidewalks, alleys, and parking lots, effective January 1, 2016.
- 1/2% income tax enacted in 1960 ($139,857 collected first year).
- Tax raised to 1% in 1968 ($651,502 collected in 1969).
- Mandatory tax filing enacted in 1986 ($1,749,006 collected in 1987).
- 6% Lodging Accommodations Tax (bed tax) enacted in 1994.
- Mandatory Registration for individuals and businesses, enacted in 2000.
- Total income tax collected during 2015: (amount coming soon)
- Voters approved a tax rate increase to 1.25% beginning January 1, 2016
Current Office Holder
Fred Pamer has served as the Deputy Treasurer/Income Tax Administrator for Salem since 1984. He received an Associate of Art in Business Administration and Economics from Lincoln College, Lincoln, Illinois, in 1968. He then received his Bachelor of Art degree in the same academic area from Mt. Union College, Alliance, Ohio, in 1971.
Income Tax Administrator: Fred K. Pamer, 330-332-4241 ext 225
Clerk: Lori Wilson, 330-332-4241 ext 227