School Student Organizations, Neighborhoods, Businesses, Families and Individuals can make a difference in their community by adopting a City street. Interested parties may apply for streets that aren’t already adopted.
- Volunteers adopt at least one mile of City streets.
- Only City maintained streets can be adopted.
- A minimum of four clean-ups are required/year for a two-year commitment.
- Volunteers receive a certificate of appreciation and two signs along their adopted route.
- Volunteers must submit a clean-up report for each clean-up.
- The City of Salem, Ohio provides bags, safety vests and training.
How To Adopt-A-City Street
- Call (330) 332-4241 x1002 or email [email protected] with the name of the street your organization wishes to adopt.
- Once we verify the street you have chosen is available, we will send you an information packet. The application needs to be completed and returned to City of Salem, Ohio, Service Director, 231 S Broadway Avenue, Salem, OH 44460.
- The Adopt-A-City Street Program Coordinator will contact you concerning setting up a time to meet with the volunteers for a mandatory safety training meeting and set up your first clean-up date. Prior to each cleanup date, the City will provide trash bags and reflective vests. After your first cleanup is completed, your organization’s special Adopt-A-City Street recognition signs will be installed.
- Contact the Program Coordinator two weeks prior to each cleanup to obtain trash bags and vests.