Recycling containers are located next to the Salem Fire Department which is located on South Ellsworth Avenue. One-Way entry into the recycling center is from Filbert Street.
Carroll-Columbiana-Harrison Solid Waste District provides the recycling containers.
The recycling center in the city is under video surveillance.
Do not place anything outside the recycling containers.
The service is free for Salem residents.
Items accepted at the recycling center currently include:
- Aluminum & metal cans – washed out
- Plastic containers – washed out
- Corrugated containers when empty, broken down flat
- Cardboard containers when empty, broken down flat
- Office paper, newspaper
- Glass bottles & jars – washed out
There are 22 containers for recyclable items in the center. All containers accept co-mingled
recyclable items listed above.
Non-recyclable items at the recycling center include:
Any item not specifically listed above, further excluding, but not limited to:
- Furniture, Mattresses, Box Springs
- Electronics, Florescent Bulbs, Batteries
- Plastic or Metal Toys
- Styrofoam or any other type of packing material
- Plastic bags
Christmas tree recycling is available at Waterworth Memorial Park during specific dates during the holiday season. Contact the Park Department (330-271-8913) for times and dates.