Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA)
The City of Salem has partnered with the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA). Effective January 1, 2021, all City of Salem income tax payments and tax forms, for current and prior tax years, are to be sent to RITA at RITA, P.O. Box 477900, Broadview Hts., Ohio 44147-7900. We encourage you to utilize RITA’s electronic filing and payment system as it is fast, secure, and simple to use. An official welcome letter will be provided in December. If you have any additional questions, please contact RITA’s customer service at (800) 860-7482.
Read the Welcome letter from RITA by clicking here. (PDF document)
RITA Income Tax Forms Links
RITA will prepare your Individual, City of Salem, Ohio income tax return.
Follow the steps below:
- Fill out the Municipal Income Tax Mail In/Drop-Off Form completely and attach your required documents.
- Sign & Date the Municipal Income Tax Mail In/Drop-Off Form
- Mail your Individual Income Tax information to:
PO Box 477900
Broadview Heights, OH 44147-7900
Drop the Individual Income Tax Mail In/Drop-Off Form and all additional documentation at one of the RITA locations listed at the bottom of the Form.
- 1/2% income tax enacted in 1960 ($139,857 collected first year).
- Tax raised to 1% in 1968 ($651,502 collected in 1969).
- Mandatory tax filing enacted in 1986 ($1,749,006 collected in 1987).
- 6% Lodging Accommodations Tax (bed tax) enacted in 1994.
- Mandatory Registration for individuals and businesses, enacted in 2000.
- Voters approved a tax rate increase to 1.25% beginning January 1, 2016
- .25% additional for 5 years used exclusively for street paving, curbs, sidewalks, alleys, and parking lots, effective January 1, 2016.
- November, 2019 Voters approved to continue this .25% additional tax for an additional 5 years – beginning January 1, 2021.